198 total views
Looking for a quick and easy Indian meal that is delicious and packed with flavor? Look no further! Here is a simple recipe that you can whip up in under 30 minutes.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add curry powder, cumin, and coriander and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add chickpeas and diced tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Servings and Calories
This recipe makes 4 servings. Each serving contains approximately:
- 400 calories
- 15 grams of fat
- 60 grams of carbohydrates
- 10 grams of protein
Tips and Tricks
- If you don’t have curry powder, you can substitute with a mix of ground turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon.
- You can also use any type of canned beans or lentils in place of chickpeas.
- Add a protein if you like, either cooked pork, beef, or chicken.
- For an extra kick of heat, add some chopped jalapeno or red pepper flakes.
- You can also add in some chopped veggies like bell peppers or zucchini for some extra nutrition.
As an Amazon Associate Techcratic
may earn a small fee for this ad placement.
Image Credits: Pixabay
Leave a Reply