158 total views
Looking for a vegetarian pizza recipe that is loaded with toppings and bursting with flavor? Here is an ultimate vegetarian pizza recipe that you can customize with as many ingredients as you like.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Any combination of vegetarian toppings you like, such as:
- Bell peppers
- Fresh basil
- Fresh tomatoes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast.
- Add warm water and olive oil and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Knead dough on a floured surface for 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to desired thickness.
- Transfer dough to a greased pizza pan.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over sauce.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Slice and serve hot.
Servings and Calories
This recipe makes 6 servings. Each serving (based on a pizza with 2 cups of cheese and 1/2 cup of tomato sauce) contains approximately:
- 350-450 calories
- 15-20 grams of fat
- 40-50 grams of carbohydrates
- 15-20 grams of protein
Calories and nutrition information may vary depending on toppings and amount of cheese used.
Tips and Tricks
- For a crispy crust, preheat a pizza stone in the oven for 30 minutes before baking your pizza.
- You can also use pre-made pizza dough or even a store-bought crust to save time.
- To make your pizza healthier, try using whole wheat or cauliflower crust, and load up on veggies for toppings.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative with your toppings – the possibilities are endless!
Get this excellent pizza Stone at Amazon.
Click here for excellent pizza items for your kitchen.
As an Amazon Associate Techcratic
may earn a small fee for this ad placement.
Author: Techs Got To Eat
Image Credits: Pixabay
Leave a Reply