194 total views
If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and healthy meal, canned sardines are a great option. They’re high in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and other important nutrients. Here’s a tasty recipe to try:
- 1 can of boneless and skinless sardines in olive oil
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the bread slices to your liking.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper until it’s creamy.
- Open the can of sardines and drain off the excess oil.
- Spread the avocado mixture evenly on the toast slices.
- Add the sardines on top of the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: Approximately 390 calories per sandwich (may vary depending on the type of bread used)
- Protein: Approximately 25 grams per sandwich
- Fat: Approximately 24 grams per sandwich (mainly from healthy sources such as sardines and avocado)
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 28 grams per sandwich (mostly from the bread and avocado)
Tips and Variations:
- You can use any type of bread you like, but whole-grain bread is a good choice because it’s higher in fiber and nutrients than white bread.
- If you don’t like avocado, you can substitute it with hummus, mashed peas, or even cream cheese.
- You can add some sliced tomatoes, cucumber, or lettuce to your sandwich to increase the volume and nutrition.
- This recipe can also be turned into a salad by skipping the bread and serving the sardines and avocado mixture on a bed of greens.
Benefits of Boneless and Skinless Sardines:
Sardines are a healthy source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and other essential nutrients. Here are some of the benefits of including sardines in your diet:
- Omega-3 fatty acids in sardines can help reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, and support heart health.
- Sardines are an excellent source of vitamin B12, which is important for healthy nervous system function and red blood cell production.
- Sardines are rich in vitamin D, which is essential for bone health and immune system function.
- Sardines are a good source of selenium, which plays a role in antioxidant defense and thyroid function.
Overall, this boneless and skinless sardines recipe is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy this nutrient-packed fish.
Get Top Rated grill makers at Amazon today!
As an Amazon Associate Techcratic may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Author: Techs Got To Eat
Image Credit: Pixabay – Free royalty pictures
Leave a Reply