The Visual Capitalist Creator Program was established in 2022 to showcase the world’s best data storytellers in one place. To date, we’ve published over 65 creators from 16 different countries whose work has been viewed over 25 million times.
Now’s the chance for data storytellers to be part of the program in a new way.
We’re launching our first-ever Creator Program Challenge where we set you the task of producing an original data visualization on a particular theme. This round’s theme is focused on the subject of ‘International Trade’.
Not only will the winner become a published member of the Creator Program, we’ll add the title ‘Creator Program Ambassador’ to their bio and give them a cash prize of $2,000 (and more!).
Find out more below, get creating and submit your entry or entries by May 31st. We can’t wait to see them!
How It Works
To enter the Creator Program Challenge, the rules are simple:
- Create a mobile-optimized data visualization (see below section for reference guide)) in English relating to ‘International Trade’
- Use The Atlas of Economic Complexity and/or resourcetrade.earth as suggested sources
- Share your entry on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn, tagging Visual Capitalist’s account with the hashtags #CreatorProgramChallenge and #InternationalTrade before May 31st
Method of Selection
Visual Capitalist will select shortlist winners by assessing the skills from all eligible entries on June 7th, 2023 and finalists will be announced during the Data Creator Con in June (more details coming soon).
Please note that visualizations will be accessed against our reference guide for mobile design and include the following components:
- Dimensions 1200 x 2134 px (9:16 ratio suggested for main visualization)
- Minimum font size
- 21pt for sources and footnotes
- 26pt for blubs
- Looser leading (4pts or greater compared to font size)
- Font choices (Sans serif for body copy and minimum regular weight recommended)
- Accessible color (Use accessible palettes when possible)
If you’re selected, we’ll notify you by Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn to provide further information on next steps.
- 1st Place – Published as Editor’s Choice on Visual Capitalist, $2,000 USD, Creator Program Ambassador status, and a free VC+ annual subscription
- 2nd Place – Published on Visual Capitalist’s website with Creator Program Ambassador status, $1,000 USD and a free VC+ annual subscription
- Shortlist – All shortlisted entries will receive a free VC+ annual subscription and be included in a dedicated site post on Visual Capitalist showcasing a gallery of qualifying work
Interested to learn more about the Creator Program Challenge? Click the button below for the full details.
The post Calling All Data Storytellers to Enter our Creator Program Challenge appeared first on Visual Capitalist.